Doing Business in Westchester County
All the critical ingredients are here in Westchester to insure a smooth relocation or expansion of your company:
- No commercial rent, occupancy or personal income taxes
- Lowest rents in the region for office, R&D and flex space
- State-of-the-art technological infrastructure
- More than 20 colleges and universities.
- A high quality of life
Westchester's business "environment" is superb. Here's why:
- Westchester has one of the largest concentrations of corporations in the U.S. Familiar names include IBM, Fuji Photo Film USA, Readers Digest, Starwood Hotels and Resorts, Heineken USA, and MasterCard International.
- A recently constructed 450- mile broadband fiber optic network has brought high-speed telecommunications capabilities to government and business.
- Westchester County operates the nation's leading corporate airport with commercial flights to more than a dozen major cities and connections to other destinations. New York City's LaGuardia and Kennedy International are less than an hour's drive away.
- Westchester's transportation infrastructure is among the nation's best with five major highways, three major commuter rail lines, AMTRAK Northeast Corridor service and the "Bee Line" bus network of 300 buses and 54 routes.
- There are over twenty colleges, universities, and business and vocational schools in Westchester that can fuel a business's human resource needs.
For more information on doing business in Westchester, visit: http://economic.westchestergov.com/doing_business/
Westchester County Business Resources
- Westchester County Office for Economic Development
Westchester County, New York, is going and growing in all the right places. To make sure that trend continues, the Westchester County Office of Economic Development is working to help businesses find the resources and hands-on expertise necessary to promote economic investment
- Official Westchester County Website
Your comprehensive source of information on living, working and doing business in Westchester County. Useful links to all levels of government: federal, state, regional, county and local.
- The Business Council of Westchester
The Business Council of Westchester is the county's largest business organization, with 1,400 major corporate, mid-size and small business and professional members firms and individuals.
- Westchester County Global Business Resources
Need help developing international markets? Visit this website which pulls together the many local resources available to companies interested in global business expansion. Register for the latest events, tap into the County's expansive global network, and access a wealth of information related to your specific questions and concerns.
- The Westchester County Association
One of two major organization representing businesses in the county. Membership includes Fortune 500 companies, small businesses, not-for-profits, and educational institutions. Offers broad range of resources, benefits and programs to business community.
- Mr. Office Space
User-friendly search engine that taps into a comprehensive database of available commercial, office, R&D and industrial space in Westchester County.
- Westchester County Office of Tourism
The official website of particular interest to business travelers and tourists.
- Hudson Valley Network
Plugs you into Westchester County and the Greater Hudson Valley Network. Information on business goods and services and various local/regional chambers, business, trade and cultural associations in Westchester and the Hudson Valley Region.
- Hudson Valley Economic Development Corporation (HVEDC)
Hudson Valley Economic Development Corporation (HVEDC), a consortium of economic development organizations, offers useful data and tools to promote business expansion and attraction in New York's Hudson Valley.
Back to top
New York State Business Resources
- State of New York Official Website
Links to the state's Economic Development Office as well as numerous other departments, agencies, programs and initiatives of interest and use to businesses.
- Empire State Development
Empire State Development (ESD) is New York State's lead economic development agency. Our organization, with co-headquarters in Albany and New York City, is supported by a network of 18 additional ESD Offices throughout the state and around the world.
New York State's site for information on 13,000 technology companies and over 40,000 high-tech job openings throughout the state.
- New York State Small Business Development Centers -- NYSSBDC
NYSSBDC offers high quality business counseling and training to New Yorkers through 23 regional centers. NYSSBDC counselors can help with services such as business plan development, accounting, financial planning and training programs.
- New York State Online Permit Assistance and Licensing (OPAL)
A service provided by the New York State Governor's Office of Regulatory Reform offering information on how to start a new business or to expand a current businesses. In addition, for businesses requiring renewable annual or semi-annual permits, the OPAL site contains these forms in electronic formats.
Back to top